I have had this raised acne scar for a number of years, what is my best option of getting rid of it? (photos)

I've had it for 7-8 years, I'm 19. Sometimes it's inflamed and red, and sometimes it's not. I just want it gone.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Combination treatments are best for acne scars.  I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Hypertrophic Scars Respond Well To Anti-Inflammatory Injections

From the photo ii is difficult to say whether this is a hypertrophic scar, a residual cyst, or both. Both conditions usually respond well to the injection of a small amount of anti-inflammatory, such as triamcinolone.

Once flattened, the inevitable residual discoloration or possible indentation may be treated by a variety of methods, such as bleaching prescription agents, chemical peels, subcision (with or without the addition of filler), and medical microneedling. To learn more about any of the these, you can check out the archives of RealSelf.com.

Having said all this, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified aesthetic dermatologist to diagnose your problem and determine the best treatment option(s).

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Raised Acne/Scar

It is difficult to tell from the photo but it seems that this may still be a cystic lesion and not just a scar.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist since the treatment is completely different depending on whether it is a scar or a cyst.  A scar would be best treated with the V-Beam laser and cortisone injections. Best, Dr. Green