Can I do micorneedling or Infini after fillers for acne scars on cheeks/temples?

Hi doctors, a few weeks ago, I got fillers in my cheeks and temples for acne scars. I am interested in also getting microneedling or Infini done for my acne scars. Can I get this done now with the filler in or will it have a negative effect or dissolve the filler? Do I need to wait until the filler dissipates? Thank you.

Depth of filler vs intensity of Infini

Good question, no real answer, however I will be doing a paper on the effects of superficially placed filler and RF in the next 6 months. For now there are no 'great' studies. I personally would INFINI RF first then fill last, however if your filler was placed deeply, then there is no problem. This would also depend on the DEPTH and intensity - pulse duration and power of Infini. The specialist who performed this procedure will have the settings in mind knowing the depth of filler placement, so be guided by them. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Microneedling before or after fillers

At our practice we prefer to do fillers two to four weeks after microneedling.  This gives a beautiful, lasting result with enough time for the healing process from microneedling to occur, combined with the instant result of fillers.

We use the Rejuvapen microneedling device.  There are so many great options for fillers such as Juvederm XC, Voluma XC, Radiesse, Restylane and the brand new Volbella for fine lines on and around lips.

We do encourage our patients to have a personalized consultation for the best outcome.  Treatment plans include best outcomes and time frames designed to enhance your unique skin condition and goals.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Timing is Everyone

Our practice typically suggests doing Infini or microneedling -before- any filler treatment.  You can have these procedures after filler, but it's best to wait at least two-four weeks.  We customize treatments after a consultation.  You should to speak to your doctor directly for the best treatment plan. 

David B. Vasily, MD
Bethlehem Dermatologist

Microneedling with fillers

Thanks for your question. I have used microneedling after fillers, and I can't say that I have seen faster degradation of the filler, however the filler has been injected to a level deeper than the needles would reach. If the filler were placed very superficially then it is likely to dissipate more quickly.

Anthony Barabas, MBBS
Cambridge Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can

It is safe to use either microneedling or infini procedure after the use of fillers, however it may speed the degradation and absorption of the fillers.   I generally recommend waiting until after the infini procedure to inject fillers for this reason.   

Reps B. Sundin, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and Fractora

I use Fractora (microneedling and radiofrequency). This can been used over filler, but with a different tip than what I use on the neck that has not had filler. 

Azin Meshkinpour, MD
Lake Forest Dermatologist

Hope for Better Skin with lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers

This should be fine based on your timeline.  Acne scars require a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp (I use Intensif for better results), subcision and fillers to get improvement. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer 

Micro-needling and fillers

Yes you can combine fillers with micro-needling for acne scars. We have our patients wait 30 days after filler injections before performing micro-needling over the same area.

Peter Kruy, MD
Newton Physician

Filler in acne scars in cheek and temples, is it OK for microneedling or Infini?

This is a good question. If the filler is a HA filler and if it was placed in the dermis for the scars, the filler is at risk for being dissolved prematurely. Waiting will not help this risk. If the filler was Bellafill, it is ok to proceed with either treatment. There are no adverse side effects other than causing the filler to dissipate sooner. The Infini with its energy would dissolve the filler more than the mirconeedles, but both will do it. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Infini with Fillers ; ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS NJ

In my opinion, you can combine micro needling or Infini with fillers. You have waited the necessary time. Good kuck.

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon