How can I treat the pimples and holes on my face? (Photo)

my age is 19 years but i look like 24 why i dont know but due to pimples and scars. and i feel oily even though i wash my face with oil free soap

Acne scar treatments in Los Angeles

Our office specializes in acne scar treatments and we continue to see postive results with combination therapy that includes ablative laser, non ablative laser, RF, sublation, chemical peels, subcision, topical therapy, and acne surgery. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Acne Scar Revision for Rolling and Boxcar Scars

Hi,

You have rolling and boxcar scars (superficial and deep), which would respond to  a combination of treatments such as subcision/ microneedling/ fractional Carbon dioxide laser with/without TCA CROSS. PRP may bea useful adjunct. In short, many modalities are available to address the type of scars that you have - your doctor would suggest a protocol based on his/ her experience. It may take anywhere between 2- 8 months for the results to be visible.
Good luck!

Renita (Lourdhurajan) Rajan, MD, DNB
India Dermatologist

Acne scar treatment

Accutane is used to treat active acne breakouts and to help prevent future break outs by decreasing the excessive oiliness of your skin, but it is not intended to treat acne scars you already have. It can help prevent future scars from forming though. It can have some very serious side effects so you will need to discuss that very carefully with your treating physician.

Good treatment options for acne scars and discoloration can include lasers (traditional or fractional), dermabrasion (not mircrodermabrasion which would be a waste of money) and deep chemical peels. You have to be careful when using traditional lasers (CO2) and deep chemical peels and dermabrasion on dark skin types (like Asian skin) as they have a higher risk for uneven pigmentation and post- inflammatory hyper- pigmentation. Fractional lasers have less risks for uneven pigmentation, especially for darker skin types (Hispanics, Asians). Tissue fillers (Juvederm, Restylane, ect.) can often give instant improvement for superficially depressed acne scars that are not too tethered down. They are less expensive but are a temporary fix and have to be re-injected. IPL (intense pulsed light) can be especially good for discoloration (red and dark) as that is one of it's primary indications, is very affordable and involves little down time with the least amount of risks (multiple treatments are required). IPL is also great for large pores and oily skin. It is also safer on darker/ Asian type skin and has less risks for hyper- pigmentation than laser and chemical peels. It is not a stand alone procedure for deep acne scars as you would still have to do one or more of the other treatment modalities. I would recommend you see a board certified physician who has a lot of experience using these treatment modalities to assess your needs, discuss the advantages and disadvantages and risks and to recommend the ideal procedure for you. Best wishes.

Severe acne scarring needs Inifini, Bellafill, and maybe PRP

You have darker skin and the Infini is a great treatment for scarring with your skin type.  Filler for the deeper scars is needed too. Bellafill is FDA approved for this purpose.  PRP will probably have benefit too. You can expect improvement but not resolution of your scars. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Acne and Scars and Best Treatment

The photo shows the deep scars and recurrent acne that you are experiencing.  Many patients suffer from acne and scarring and need the correct treatment.  You may require oral antibiotics or even Accutane to stop such recurrent acne.  After the acne is under control you can consult about lasers for the scars such as Fraxel or eMatrix.  It may take a combination of lasers to best treat this condition.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience to best help you.