I'm wondering what is the most suitable kind of treatment for my face? (Photo)

My acne has cleared up (no more breakout), but they left me with scars on both side of my cheek. I have done 1 vbeam trifecta treatment, and wondering if vbeam is the right treatment and if i continue the vbeam will it clear all the scars on my face? Thank you

V Beam - vascular lasers vs insulated microneedling.

If redness bothers you - yes, V Beam is the way to go... you will need 3-5 sessions given your skin type. Like Dr Weiner says, early scars respond best to V Beam or other vascular lasers like Excel V. If you are concern about the undulations - shadows, microneedling is your best option, combined with PRP. See video for more information. 

All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Acne Scar Combination--TCA cross, lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers

I recommend a combination approach. I suggest lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision, TCA cross and fillers to give improvement. I recommend getting a formal evaluation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Redness from acne/acne scars

I like the idea of using the VBeam for this. If the redness is gone and the scars remain, try the Infini. Early red scars respond well to vascular lasers.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

I'm wondering what is the most suitable kind of treatment for my face?

Thnk you for the photo it really helps. You have two things going on right now redness and depressions from the acne. The vbeam will help with the redness so I would continue the treatments and hopefully the redness will be gone but then you need to focus on the collagen to help smooth the skin. A fractional laser or microneedling series of treatments will definitely help with that. Depending on the downtime you have will determine what treatment is best for you. Find an experienced cosmetic Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist and have a consultation first to dicuss the options. From the pictures it looks like you can get significant improvement from these treatments. Good Luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD

Lasers for Acne

Lasers are a great way to resurface the skin and reduce scars. More specifically, there are two lasers that do this exceptionally well. The Erbium laser is a state-of-the-art laser that resurfaces the skin and reduce scars in under an hour. The results are almost instant, and only about 3-4 days of downtime are required.

Another option is the CO2 laser. The CO2 laser penetrates the skin deeper than the Erbium; therefore, the results are a little better, but you would need about 7-10 days of downtime. Also, because this laser is more invasive, you do not need multiple treatments like the Erbium.

A consultation with a board certified cosmetic plastic surgeon or a dermatologist would be the first step in treating your scars!

I would highly recommend a high quality pharmaceutical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Hope this helps!

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon