37 year old female with rolling acne scars. Should I try dermapen, lasers, or facelift? (Photo)

Had cystic acne as a teen and was on a myriad of medicines (accurate twice etc). At age 23, co2 laser resurfacing. Now after two children and aging, my skin is starting to sag and elasticity is wearing. Scars are showing more deeply. My normal surgeon (performed mainly 5 lipo surgeries on me and a temporary lift), suggests a mini facelift to smooth out the scarring. Is there anything that will work better? Seems I will just have this complaint again in another 10+ years when my skin ages again.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

this type of scarring needs a combination of lasers, fillers, subcision, surgery.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Rolling acne scars

Dear JuneSorry that you have suffered so much with this through your life. Your surgeon is partly correct that a limited mini high facelift, aka cheek lift will help because the acne scars will be released from below and the skin tightened. I have had such patients.However, I do not think that it is your best option. The scars can be released via subcision without undergoing the minilift. Moreover, the contour deficiency in the "holes" of the scar are best filled with refined auto fat stem cells. There has been great success in recent times with the processing of a patients on fat for reinjection into their own body.I have seen many like you and encourage you to consider subcision with autofat. ThanksGreat question

Richard Sadove, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Facelift for acne scars?

A facelift is not the way to correct acne scars. If you have volume loss, scars will look worse and volume replacement with fillers will help. I would treat with Infini for 2-3 sessions me then fill deeper scars with Bellfill as well as correcting volume loss with it. Please get another opinion. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD