Which treatment do I need for my acne scar? (Photo)

2 months ago I had an acne cyst on my cheek. It left this scar. Which treatment would be the best for me? I should wait some time before do it or is better to proceed now that is a "fresh" scar?

Subcsion and dermal filler. - see video for explanation

Definitely dermal fillers as this is an atrophic scar. One we place the needle/cannular in we can tell if its tethered to the underlying skin. If so, surgical subcision can be used. You may require 1-3 treatments for the best results. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Treatment for sunken scar

You would likely benefit from a procedure which would raise the scar and fill it in.  I would consider subcision or filler injection.  Usually when injecting fillers into sunken scars, I will also do some subcision at that same time to break up the scar underneath the skin.  I recommend starting with an HA filler such as Restylane Lyft.  

Regards,

Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Cystic Scar Solutions--lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers, subcision

This can be treated with lasers, microneedling/prp subcision, and fillers in combination.  I suggest seeing an expert in acne scarring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Deep scar on face from acne

I've seen this from steroid injection of a cyst. In any event, it can be improved using any filler. Bellafill is a long term correction for this and is my choice.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Treatment for scar from cyst

Thank you for the photo and the question. I think time always makes things better but after 6 weeks is a good time to do a revision procedure. It looks like from the photo that you would be best treated with some fat injections to that scar to help smooth it out. If there is a lot of scar and it is stuck down you might need the doctor to do a technique to free up the scar and make a good space to put the fat. Filler is an option but it is temporary. Fat is a more permanent treatment and will be long lasting. I hope this help and Good Luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD