What treatment should I get for my crows feet? (photos)

I am 35 years old and I have deep crow's feet that makes me really upset. Tried botox but was not enough as I have under eye wrinkles.

Doctor Answers 5

Under Eye Wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In my experience dynamic wrinkles, meaning wrinkles that appear when you smile or frown, are best treated with Botox.  A very small amount of botox can be injected under the eyelid to soften the under eye wrinkles.

Under eye wrinkles

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Botox is best to treat the "crows feet" which are the wrinkles that form at the lateral corner of your eyes when you smile.  If you also want to treat the curved wrinkle located in the corner of your eye by your nose, the tear trough, I would recommend the injection of a filler like Restylane to help plump up the area.  Hopes this is helpful and good luck!

Another option

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
You could consider microneedling and PRP to improve the quality of your skin, reduce fine/lines+wrinkles, and build collagen where you need it around and under the eyes. PRP is platelet rich plasma which is taken from your own blood and reinjected (through the microneedling pen and also directly injected) to bring growth factors that encourage collagen production in your skin. However, I do agree with the others that neurotoxin - administered appropriately, would help to weaken the orbicularis oculi muscle (squint muscles) and allow the crows feets and under eye wrinkles to soften. Often times it's not an easy one treatment and immediate success, you should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you and make the appropriate recommendations! I hope this has been helpful. - Dr. Mills

Dan Mills, MD
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 33 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question. Belotero is a better fit for moderate facial wrinkles in that area. Made of hyaluronic acid , it has unique properties that allow it to adapt within the skin for soft correction of deep lines in soft areas. You may consider skin resurfacing for wrinkles as well. This can be done just on the area or on the entire face.

Botox/Dysport plus Filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi and thank you for your question.  I think a neurotoxin, either Botox or Dysport, injected into the right muscles with the precise amount will really improve the wrinkles that you're seeing when you smile.  Ask your board-certified plastic surgeon about injecting the Botox into the orbicularis oculi on the outside of your eyes (crow's feet) and also a small amount just under the eye.  Injection of a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm or Restylane into the tear trough (under the eye) will add volume and also make the wrinkles under the eye less noticeable.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.