I Have an Internal Blackhead Under my Nose and It Hurts when I Touch It?

Please help i cant pop it

Doctor Answers 2

Tender Blackhead on Nose

It sounds like from your description that what you are calling an "internal blackhead" may actually be a cyst that is inflamed. Those often need to be incised and drained and/or injected with cortisone for optimal and quickest resolution (to also avoid discoloration and scarring). I suggest you see a dermatologist for treatment and in the meantime you can try warm compresses and spot treating with benzoyl peroxide.


New York Dermatologist
4.1 out of 5 stars 8 reviews

Don't try to remove by yourself, see a professional.

Make an appointment with your dermatologist or aesthetician for an extraction.  They have special instrument, an extractor, to remove the blackhead quickly and without damaging surrounding tissue.  Squeezing or trying to "pop" only causes more pain and can potentially injure the surrounding tissue.

Cheryl A. Hull, MD
Rogers Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 4 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.