I have oily skin. And I suffer from acne on my chin and forehead usually. Can I use benzoyl peroxide regularly?

I used benzoyl peroxide for a month earlier and my skin got clear. But I stopped using it and now my acne are again visible on my face. Acne on chin are painful and filled with white pus. So should I start using benzoyl peroxide 2.5 again? For how long should I use it?

Benzoyl peroxide and acne

Thank you for your question. If benzoyl peroxide cleared your acne and you had no irritation or dryness with the medication, then I would recommend to restart it. Benzoyl peroxide may be used long term for maintenance therapy to keep your acne under control. In my experience, daily or every other day use of benzoyl peroxide is a safe and an effective maintenance therapy for acne. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs. Take care and good luck.