I have significant pockmarked scarring on my face and neck and would like treatment ideas. I live near Minneapolis, MN. (photo)

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Doctor Answers 4

Scars on face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I find the the Infini is best for scars on the face. This can treat all skin types and has great results. Adding Bellafill might be needed for the deeper scars. PRP and subcision can also help. See link.

Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

Acne scar treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sorry to hear about your concern for acne scars on your face. There is help available through

Venus Viva, an RF device that treats scarring in a few sessions. Also Bellafill, a collagen based filler

is FDA approved to resolve pitted acne scars. Good luck with your choices.

Farooq Lateef, MD
Orlando Dermatologist

Acne Scarring -- Lasers (Fraxel, Co2/Erbium, VIVA, Intensif); Microneedling/PRP, Fillers (Bellafill); Subcision; Punch Excision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I suggest a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. You may need a combination approach with lasers, TCA cross, peels/skin care.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 204 reviews

Scars on Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best combination approach for your scars would be fillers such as Sculptra and Restylane and lasers t ore-surface the skin such as Fraxel, eMatrix, combined with PRP and microneedling.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.