How can i treat my mild boxcar scars (some of them are red) and dark spots on my face?

I have a few boxcar scars(some are red 1year)and some dark spots(sun). I have a light and sensitive skin. I made a Salicylic Acid 30% with no results. Is vitamine E cream suitable? If yes should I use Natural D or Syntetic D1 Alpha Tocopheryl?Or better to use retinoid scream(Retin-A)?In conclusion I have some boxcar scars(some are red)and some dark spots. Vitamin E or RetinA?Do these creams dissappear scars, redness and dark spots?Permanently?Shall I use any other methods (peelings or lasers)?

Doctor Answers 3

Acne scars , dark spots and treatments

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Dark spots can be treated with laser and creams, but preventing acne is very important. Redness, as Dr Green has suggested can be treated with V Beam laser. Box car scars.... these can be hard to treat, depending on your skin type. A combination approach of energy based micro needling, PRP and filler, together with laser can help. Video explains the treatments possible. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Red and Dark Scars and Best Treatment

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best way to treat the red marks is with the V-Beam laser and the dark spots with a combination of chemical peels and hydroquinones and Retinoids.  Please consult an expert in scars for the best treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Treating acne scars and pigmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is hard to exactly make a recommendation. Scars are best treated with the Infini. Other ways is laser resurfacing, TCA cross, PRP, subcision. PIH is treated with hydroquinone, Retin A, and chemical Peels. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.