Scars from childhood pimples. Any suggestions? (photos)

I used to have pimples in my childhood. I used to pluck them out although my mum advised me not to. Now, I have holes/pores/scars, not sure what to call it. I'm 22 now. I've had a laser therapy but i dont see any change. Is there anyway to get rid of this? It bothers me a lot. I'm also not really sure if the pimple issue caused this because I have not paid much attention to skin care before this. Do I go for a stronger laser therapy?

Acne scars

Dear HeavenlyPlease do not waste your time and money with more laser therapy.Your ice pick and box scars can be improved with excision and perhaps some subcision.Best wishesDr Sadove

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Acne scars treatment

Thank you for your question. There are different types of atrophic acne scars such as rolling scars, boxcar scarring, or ice pick scarring. From your photos, it looks like you have rolling and boxcar scars. Any treatment options that injure the skin with subsequent collagen formation such as fractionated laser, dermaroller, resurfacing lasers, deep peels, etc.. may help correct atrophic scarring. The right treatment for you depends on your skin type, expectations, patience, downtime and cost.  I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to have your skin evaluated and to discuss treatment options that best suits your skin. Take care and good luck!

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

this type of scarring is going to require a combination of treatments such as lasers, peels, microneedling, fillers, subcision.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scars from Acne

The best way to treat these scars would be a combination of fillers and lasers such as eMatrix.  this will take many treatments but with the pigmentation in your skin you have to consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green