I believe the problem is the bio-alcamid injections from 2007 can you remove it and fix the damage. (photos)

Can you remove the remainder of this product and fix the damage from over the years these photos are from Tuesday November 11-2014 and today November 14th 2014 Thank you Donna Svisdahl

Bioalcamid removal expert in Los Angeles

At this stage, I would begin with inflammation-reduction mechanisms to reduce the inflammatory phase of swelling. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Complications Of Permanent Fillers (Silicone, BioAlcalmid, Artecoll) Are Difficult To Treat

First, let me say how sorry I am that you are suffering with this problem. I have written strong warnings on a number of occasions against the use of permanent fillers and of the their potential for giving rise to unwanted, long-term consequences and of the difficulty in managing and reversing these consequences. Neither silicone nor BioAlcamid are approved for use in the U.S. 

Swellings, granulomas and foreign body reactions, including biofilm infections, have all been well described following their use. I have personally treated a number of individuals who have developed such problems five to ten years following receiving treatment in Europe.

The idea of being injected with a permanent filler and having a permanent result is of course enticing. However, it is precisely the permanence of these foreign substances that poses the greatest threat. When unwanted results happen, either immediate undesirable cosmetic outcomes or long-term effects that can happen as many as twenty years after treatment, it is extremely difficult to treat the complications. Furthermore, even if the untoward reaction can be treated successfully, most physicians would be reluctant to use any form of temporary or semipermanent filler therafter for fear of stirring up another reaction from the residual permanent filler that persists within the tissue.

I have personally had success in cases like this using a combination of intralesional anti-inflammatory  corticosteroid injections in varying concentrations and certain antibiotics. Several treatment sessions are often required to shrink the nodules and recurrences down the road remain possible. I feel that consultation with a board certified aesthetic physician with experience in dealing with the complications of permanent fillers is critical. 

Nelson Lee Novick, MD