Weight loss options?

I'm 5'8 and I'm 200lbs. I'm a college student who also works part time, this semester alone I gained 25lbs, I also have iron deficiency (I'm anemic). I've been trying to lose weight for months now and nothing seems to be working. I drink lots of water and I've tried multiple diets but they all fail. What are some suggestions? Preferably something done in office by a doctor or prescription by a doctor. Not surgery.

Reliable weight loss but not surgery

I feel for you.  As a student you have a lot taking up your time and finding time to exercise is hard.  I would try and embrace an active lifestyle with plenty of biking and hiking so that it feels less like a chore and more like fun.   With that in place, cutting calories will yield results.  The easiest way to cut calories is to have an Intragastric balloon placed.  It can be done in about an hour in a doctor's office or surgery center.  It stays in for 6 months and helps you be less hungry and feel full after a few bites of food.  
Weight loss meds have some tough to tolerate side effects, and only give 10-15 lbs weight loss (while you are on them).  So think about a balloon.  No one would ask you to climb Everest alone.  Getting help from a balloon is a smart way to set yourself up for success in meeting your weight loss goals.  You can expect to lose between 20-40 lbs or more, depending on how seriously you embrace regular exercise as part of the solution.  Good luck.

New York Bariatric Surgeon

Losing weight

Losing weight is not easy for most people who are overweight. A lot depends on you and your personality type, lifestyle, metabolism, and attitude. If you want to learn how to lose weight and keep it off for the rest of your life, you should do a program that encompasses all these aspects.

Three main aspects for losing weight are eating right, exercising adequately, and getting support regularly. A restricted diet is necessary, such as < 1000 cals/day. Limit carbs such as sweets, breads, pastas; make sure you eat enough protein, at least 50 gm/day; eat lots of vegetables and some low glycemic fruits; some nuts and oils, such as olive oil. Exercise regularly, every day if you can, with good vigorous activities. See a diet counselor or physician at least every other week; if you have a support person, use them.

For further information on my plan, The True Diet, go to my website (see link below). I also utilize methods to change your metabolism, to make sure hormones are optimized, to lower inflammation, and much more. It’s not just calories in should be less than calories out. Good Luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Weight Loss Issues

Unfortunately you live a very busy life with school, studying and work which all increase a more sedentary lifestyle.  I would recommend visiting a physician to determine if thyroid is a factor or any other metabolic issues and if not I would look into a physician directed weight loss program with a great success rate.  Medi-Weightloss is an international program with patients losing over 3 million pounds during the past 10 years.  It is a 3 phase program using a proven method and lifestyle changes along with counseling and medication.  There are 3 clinics in the New York area managed by an excellent Cardiologist and Age Management Specialist Dr. Petre and I would go online and check them out. It is called "The One That Works"because it really does!