I need help: I burned my face with apple cider vinegar? (Photo)

I had a huge breakout so I was using tea tree oil and 100% aloe Vera gel to treat the acne and the dark spots. It was living my Super dry, so I decided to use apple cider vinegar mixed with water on my face as a tonic. But immediately it started burning it, I washed but now my skin is burned, red e very ugly. What should I do? How long it would take to back to normal? Should I stop using tea tree oil + 100% aloe Vera gel?

I need help: I burned my face with apple cider vinegar

It should heal and be fine but be careful not to use any other products that could aggrevate it and stay out of the sun. I would go see a skin care professional and be cautious with anything you use untill it is healed. Good Luck!

Treating a burn on face

I like to use Biafine in burns. Make sure the area is well moisturized. I can't tell you about the use of those other products you mentioned. If concerned, see a doctor to treat you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Chemical Burn

What you have now is a former of chemical burn. You will almost certainly have post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation and you will be very frustrated trying to treat this on your own with herbal based and other OTC remedies. Don't waste your money. Find a skincare professional (physician office/medical spa) near you to prescribe a course of medical grade skin care for the acne and the Hyperpigmentation. ZO Skin Health system for Hyperpigmentation for example...but there are others.

BEstate,

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician