Dent on Butt After Fall. Will It Ever Go Away?

I fell on the corner of my tiled fireplace onto my left buttock. There was a massive bruise for a couple of weeks, now there is a large indent that feels like a rod is in there. Will this ever go away on it's own or should I have a plastic surgeon take a look? I've had shots to dissolve scar tissue 30 years ago after a serious accident on my face, arms and feet. Is that a possiblity?It's just weird...I'm not a model or anything but you can see the indent thru my's embarrasing.

Doctor Answers 2

Butt divot

It sounds like you had a hematoma that caused fat wasting.  You should see a plastic surgeon to be evaluated.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

Traumatic depression of buttocks

Yes, you should see a plastic surgeon. You sound as if you had a traumatic hematoma that can cause subcutaneous atrophy and even fat necrosis. This might be helped by fat grafting.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD
Beverly Hills Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.