Fat transfer? Thin bony crooked wrinkled fingers and hands.

My finger bones are very misshaped and bulge out in certain areas. I get called "tadpole fingers" and I have no fat in my hands. What is a permanent or semi permanent solution to this issue? I also have many wrinkles in my fingers, hands are very veiny and wrinkley

Hand Rejuvenation with Fat Transfer

Fat transfer to the hands is a very rewarding cosmetic rejuvenation that smooths the skin and lessens the show of bones, tendons and veins on the back of the hand. The donor sites are typically the abdomen, love handles, thighs, or knees.  The procedure is performed comfortably with light sedation without the need for general anesthesia.  The results are immediate.  The skin openings are almost invisible after a week or so.  The recovery is minimal and typically requires a day or two off of work at the most.   This procedure is permanent and very rewarding for the patient and plastic surgeon.  

Fat transfer for hands

Fat transfer to hands generaly works very nicely, and can be combined with a gentle laser peel to improve skin surface texture.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer may be reasonable for you. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of fat transfer procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat transfer for wrinkled hands.

Fat transfer for wrinkled hands is something I have done for 35 years and works well for the top of the hand. It does not work well for fingers in that you do do not want sausage looking fingers.

Fat Injections For Hand But Not Finger Rejuvenation

Fat injection rejuvenation works very well for the back of the hands but is not an appropriate treatment for thin and wrinkled fingers. Due to concerns about blood supply into the fingertips, no form of injection therapy should be considered into the fingers.