Procedure to Remove Excess Skin on Nose?

I have excess skin coming from my nose that covers part of my inner eyes. Is there a procedure to rid of this excess skin that I have had since I was born?

Doctor Answers 1

Folds of skin between nose and eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I believe you are describing what we call and epicanthal fold. There are procedures to correct this. The most common technique is a multiple flapped procedure using the "jumping man" incision. This has the potential to leave visible scars and for this reason it is not popular.

Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.