Deep acne scarring and large pores. I've tried all treatments. Nothing has worked. What can I do?
Doctor Answers 4
Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen
Deep Acne Scars and Best Treatments
Deep Acne Scars may best be treated with a combination of Lasers and Fillers. I really like a combination of Restylane and Sculptra for the deep and enlarged craters. I also do a combination of fillers such as Fraxel, eMatrix, V-Beam, and PRP for these types of scars. Please consult an expert for these advanced techniques. Best, Dr. Green
Ice pick scars and deep scars- identify the scar type
See this short clip on treating really deep Ice pick scars to gain an understanding of some of the procedures scar experts perform.
All the best
Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
You might also like...
Acne scars - what works when nothing has worked
- I am so sorry you are plagued with these scars.
- Since treatment depends on the depth of these scars, one can't give advice without a photo, at least.
- The deep ice-pick scars are almost impossible to treat.
- more superficial scars respond well to fillers, Radiesse especially.
- TCA peels may help the large pores.
- Skin redness may respond to treatment with a vascular laser.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.