Old scars start to peel after putting topical cream

I have old scars from falling off a bike 1.5 years ago, they are brown, it's been only 2 weeks ago that I started using Contractubex gel for scar treatment and now I'm noticing that the scars themselves are peeling revealing red or sometimes pink skin underneath, is this bad or good? Is this normal tissue coming in?

Chemical peels and lasers for dark scars

Dark discolored scars can benefit from exfoliation. In our practice, we use a combination of techniques including laser, fractional RF, dermapen, chemical peels, and topical application of Melarase creams for these scars.
Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles