Best treatment for tiny cheek and lip wrinkles?

Non-smoker, just started developing these wrinkles (lip in past six months; cheeks in past two months) Do not want to do face lift.

Low-viscosity fillers such as Belotero®/Restylane Silk® and the new Juvederm Volbella®area ideal for filling in superficial lines on the cheeks and around the mouth.

Miami Dermatologist

Treatment for Cheek/Lip Wrinkles--Need Fractional Laser, Restylane Silk/Belotero For Lip Lines, and/or Peels

There are many treatments for these areas. Fractional Co2 laser or fractional RF treatments are usually best to this area in combination with fillers and/or botox for the lips.  Cheeks improve with fat and fillers as well. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in lasers and fillers. Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip lines and cheek treatment

This is problem correctable with filler. You will not "get rid" of the lines but soften them. The cheeks can also be improved with filler too. Please see an expert for this. Adding Botox to the lips in a low dose will give an even better result.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Injectables with Resurfacing

Hi and thank you for your question.  A detailed physical examination is always necessary, but generally speaking, most fine lines around the mouth or cheeks can be hidden by injecting "fillers" and resurfacing the skin with peels or lasers.  

I typically use a hyaluronic acid filler (Juvederm) because it's a substance naturally found in your skin, and it is also reversible.  Injecting the filler is quick, performed in the office, and relatively pain-free.  The filler can even be injected into the lips giving them a fuller, more youthful look, and also helps to diminish the wrinkles.

Resurfacing the skin will remove the ultra-fine lines/wrinkles while improving texture and tone.  I use a non-ablative, fractional laser which is performed in my office after the application of numbing cream to the areas.  Downtime/recovery is usually 2-3 days max, and most patients require 3 treatments, spaced 4 weeks apart.  

Good luck!  

Ryan Marshall, DO
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Superficial Lines and Wrinkles

Hi and thanks for your question.

Hard to advise without a photo, however, sounds like these are probably very superficial lines/wrinkles. We recommend Belotero or Restylane Silk for these types of lines. You can also start to think about laser treatments since the loss of collagen and elastin is what's contributing to these lines beginning to surface.

Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Wrinkles above lips and cheeks

Botox treatment is a revolutionary approach to reversing the affects facial wrinkles. Crow’s feet, worry lines and laugh lines can all be a thing of the past. These are referred to as dynamic wrinkle lines and all are treatable with this procedure. Cosmetic denervation is the process of injecting botox into the tiny facial muscles that create the wrinkles

John Frattellone, DMD
Red Bank Dentist