I'm a female 55+ and thinking about getting a face lift. Which procedure do recommend Lifestyle Lift or Sonabela?

SonoBello may not be what you want

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Sona Bello is a body contouring company.  Lifestyle lift was a company specializing in
rejuvination of aging faces.  Unfortunately, Lifestyle lift has closed, but surgeons who performed
thousand of procedures and became very good at performing a wide variety of procedures
are still around.

Although I was located in the Ontario, Ca center and now am in private practice, there were many
former excellent surgeons who were affiliated with the company located in Texas.  Dr. Standefer is
one of them and he is in Dallas.

Good luck with your search!

Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm a female 55+ and thinking about getting a facelift

In our practice, a facelift accomplishes tightening loose facial and neck skin, tightening loose facial and neck muscles, listing the jowls, and removing fatty deposits in the neck along with a platysma  plasty. Study your prospective surgeon's facelift photo gallery, which should be extensive and reflective of that specific surgeon's work. Do not rely on photos from a large clinic which are performed from a variety of surgeons.

Liftstyle Lift or Lift by Sonobello

There are many types of facelifts. Lifestyle Lift was a national company that specialized in facelifts under local anesthesia. Originally a mini lift, the procedure evolved to be a modified face and neck lift that incorporated many standard facelift techniques.  Of course the results were dependent of the skill and experience of the surgeon. Many lifestyle lift surgeons attained a high level of proficiency after performing hundreds of  facelifts and other cosmetic enhancement procedures in a given year. Although lifestyle lift is no longer in business, many of those experienced physicians are still practicing. Sonobello is a company that got its start doing body liposuction but has now expanded into the facelift market with a similar concept.   Doctors that work in this environment can more quickly master and maintain proficiency through experience on a variety of patients each week.  The facelift that is best for you is the one that addresses your specific concerns and is performed by a surgeon that is  experienced working on patients with your type of issues.  Sometimes health and financial concerns also enter into the equation which is another potential benefit of local anesthesia.  You are best to find a surgeon that has some experience and routinely performs these procedures. 

Stephen Fink, DO FAOCO
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a procedure

The treatments you mention are really companies that offer different things. LifeStyle Lift contracted with doctors of various training to do facelifts. Sono Bello appears to be doing the same. They market procedures. It is a much better idea to go to a fully trained, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to learn what is appropriate for your particular situation. It isn't like choosing a car for it's features and no two people are exactly alike. 

All the Best,

Dr. J

Facelift questions

Both LSL and Sono Bello are companies as opposed to procedure. LSL is actually out of business. What would serve you best would be to schedule a consultation with an expert surgeon who focuses on facial procedures. They can advise you whether a non-invasive facial procedure, liposuction or surgery is the best option for you. You should shop for an experienced surgeon as opposed to a branded procedure. You're looking for advice on the best option for you as opposed to a "product." I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial surgery:Lifestyle lift, SonoBello, Litelift and others

Lifestyle lift is closed.  SonoBello  is a company, not a type of lift.

The #Litelift is a modified facelift that can be done under local with quick healing and limited incisions.
Choose your doctor, not a clinic for best results

Lifestyle Lift vs Sonabela

Until early March, the answer would be very simple. Lifestyle Lift surgeons performed thousands of facelifts every year, and to my knowledge, Sonabela performed none.  Unfortunately, Lifestyle Lift closed its doors and filed Chapter 11. Sonabela historically has been involved with body liposuction and liposculpture. Because of the demise of LIfestyle Lift, I have heard that Sonabela is starting to perform facelift surgery in some markets. It may be from a former Lifestyle Lift surgeon.

No matter where you go for a facelift, be sure to ask about experience. Experience is the single most important thing to consider when choosing a surgeon. Experience is the best teacher!!!

John Standefer MD

Lifestyle Lift and its Surgeons

Hi and thanks for your question.  A Lifestyle Lift is a modified face and neck lift performed under local anesthesia and oral sedation. Note, this procedure differs by surgeon and patient.  Note many surgeons now also have their own branded facelifts.  Sono Bello i believe is a body contouring company that offers minimally invasive body contouring procedures.  As the Lifestyle Lift offices have closed, many surgeons are now, like myself, in private practice and offer a deeper breadth of surgical and non surgical procedures. Some careful research online will help you locate a highly rated former Lifestyle Lift surgeon if you wish to have your procedure under local anesthesia. Consult with several board certified facial plastic and plastic surgeons to review your best options. Dr. Standerfer in Dallas is a highly regarded and experienced facial plastic surgeon in Texas.  

Raymond E. Lee, MD

Branded Lifts

Unfortunately Lifestyle Lift closed it's doors nationwide in early March of this year.  Lifestyle Lift did have some of the most experienced surgeons in the face lifting segment of the market. It would be reasonable to seek out a former surgeon from Lifestyle Lift as a start. Of course you still need to interview him/her and make sure you are comfortable with hem as your surgeon. Sonobello does not provide facelifts at their centers as far as I am aware. 

Paul Lanfranchi, DO, FAOCO
Las Vegas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at age 55

Hello, at age 55 I applaud your decision to seek information regarding facelifts on this website, RealSelf. It's important that you seek advice from board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in facial cosmetic surgery.

For Your Information:

Sonobello is liposuction company, focusing mainly on body work, not the face.

Lifestyle Lift, the facial cosmetic company, is no longer in business. The corporation closed in early March 2015 amidst financial difficulties. However, all of its surgeons have gone on into private practice, continuing the service of providing facial rejuvenation under local anesthesia, the safest method of doing a facelift, or any other facial cosmetic procedure.

Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation. I wish you all the best.

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon