I've had scars on my back for years due to ingrown hairs and picking. Is it too late to aim for clear skin on my back? (photo)

I've heard about some topical creams that might help reduce these scars but don't know which ones specifically or if I can even buy them over the counter. I've also heard of laser treatments but my whole back would cost a fortune. If it guarantees these scars will be gone, I don't mind paying for it. What would be the most effective treatment for me?

Melarase creams and Exfolase

I would recommend a combination of Melarase PM creams and Exfolase to help even out your skin complexion; followed by light chemical peels and daily Melapads. 
Best, Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles