What can be done about a scar causing a dimple or depression in the facial tissue? (Photo)

The initial injury required 6 stitches. When the stitches were removed I noticed a dimple in my face, which appears every time I smile. I hate this scar so much that I try not to smile or laugh. I hate looking in the mirror every day and being reminded of the traumatic event that caused it. Is this something that can be corrected? The issue is not the actual scar, but the dimple that it has created. If the scar was flat and didn't affect my facial expressions I would definitely be satisfied.

Hidef scar revision protocol for your cheek scar

I would start with a Hidef Scar Protocol that includes subcision, fillers, fractional laser, and ematrix RF. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Thank you for your question in regards to scarring. Micro-needling with the use of a growth factor serum may help reduce the appearance of scarring. To be sure what is best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Scar on Face -- Lasers, Microneedling/PRP, Subcision, Fillers, Dermaflage/ScarMD

Subcision, fillers, lasers all help with these types of scars. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Treatment for depressed scar

This scar could likely be improved with subcision or fillers, or possibly both done in combination.  Make sure to see an experienced cosmetic physician.  In my opinion, a treatment such as subcision or fillers, which work below the surface of the skin, would be more effective to improve the contour of the scar than a treatment such as laser which works on the surface.  
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon