Need acne scar treatment. Tried topical creams, antibiotics, blue light, cleanses, microdermabrasion, to chemical peels (Photo)

The only treatment that worked for me was Accutane, I had to come off of it due to cost/insurance. I was diagnosed with cycstic acne. You can not tell from the pictures but I still have pretty bad acne that is under my skin only about 10% comes to the surface the rest is mainly under the skin in the chin and lower cheek/neck area. I am searching for acne scar removal, I have researched CO2 and fraxel they seem to be the best options as I have deep scars. Prefer MD in the Detroit area. Downtime?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

A combination approach is needed to get the best outcome. I suggest you see an expert who can get you on a short and long term plan including lasers, fillers, subcision, and skin care. Best, Dr. Emer

Dark skin with acne and acne scars

This would be best treated with the Infini. It is much safer to use on your dark skin and goes deeper than lasers can - up to 3.5mm. It will treat both the acne and scars. Lasers will not treat acne either. Please see the link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD