Treatment for Dark Pigmentation Around Eyes?

Hi, this is a question about darkness around the eye area.

It is hereditary. I don't mean dark circles necessarily, but the area between the eye corner and the nose (where your glasses nose pad thing rests). It is also slightly "sunken" just slightly. And the eyelid itself has this brown colouration. I am of middle-eastern with olive skin, the darker brown colouration is mainly between the corner of my eye and halfway across my top eyelid (photos)

Is there a filler or treatment that lighten this area and blend it with my natural skin tone?

What you are describing is a common issue.

What you are describing is a common issue. There are a lot of patients that complain of dark circles around the eyes. Sometimes it's related to blood flow around the eye, sometimes from volume loss, but often times it's just they way the skin is around the eyes. It tends to run in families and often happens in darker skin types. Unfortunately if it's due to the latter, there's not a lot that can be done. I usually recommend eye creams that particles that reflect light. It will help mask the discoloration. Some of these eye creams also have iron binders that may be helpful with blood pigment that could contribute to dark circles. Laser treatments typically don't work in this area.

San Francisco Dermatologist

Melarase PM cream for undereye discoloration

This hyperpigmentation seems to have an undertone of hemosiderin deposition.  I would recommend Melarase PM cream twice daily followed by a Melapeel for my patients.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Dark circles around the eyes

Some of the causes of dark pigmentation of the eyes includes genetic predisposition , allergies, thin skin overlying venous congestion, post inflammatory pigmentation. Most of these conditions causing darkness around the eyes respond poorly to any therapeutic intervention. There are not many effective treatments and bleaching cream is often ineffective.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon