I'm a 58 year old woman who fell. I have two closures with Dermabond above my lip and under my chin.

How long before glue falls off and scabs heal? What products to use to minimize scar especially above my lip?

Plato's Scar Serum is all you need at this early stage

The dermabond will likely dissolve in about one week. Afterwards, start with daily application of Plato's Scar Serum to help reduce scarring. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Dermabond and scars

First make sure that the wounds look like they were appropriately closed.  Dermabond can be great in the right hands, but it can leave big scars in the wrong ones. Make sure the edges of the wound are approximated and in good contact.  If the closure looks rough, go to a facial plastic surgeon for a revision.  Nothing helps more than having it done right the first time. The dermabond will last about one week

Next, keep sunscreen on these areas!  If the scar gets sunburned it will turn red and likely stay that way.  Keep the area moist with silicone sheeting after the dermabond falls off. 

If you are still concerned with the scars after this, I recommend a visit to a facial plastic surgeon.

Best of luck

Dr Rodman

Regina Rodman, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Minimizing A Scar

It can take a few weeks. I suggest a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in scarring and can give you a formal assessment of what can be helpful. If there is scarring, I recommend lasers (fraxel, yellow laser) , microneedling/PRP and fillers in order to improve appearance.  Best, Dr. Emer.