How to get rid of deep frown lines at only 18 YEARS OLD? (photos)

Just need suggestions on what to do to get rid of these deep frown lines naturally or should I get Botox instead.

Hello and thank you for your question. There are many treatments and or procedures that can be done to help get rid of deep frown lines. Botox is one of them as is laser, injectables and surgery. I suggest going in to see a board certified plastic surgeon to get a professional opinion for your particular case. Best wishes!

Getting rid of frown lines

Wrinkles and lines in the skin are caused by both degenerative changes within the skin’s structure (i.e.-decrease in collagen and elastin) and repetitive use of muscles underneath the skin’s surface. The only way to “naturally” stop further wrinkling to occur would be to stop using the facial muscles, which eventually create those facial creases/wrinkles. Botox/Dysport would be a great option for you to smooth your current lines as well as prevent future wrinkles from occurring. Botox/Dysport (different products, same active ingredient) contain a purified form of protein called Botulinum Toxin A. This purified protein is injected in tiny amounts, and works to relax the muscles by blocking nerve impulses from reaching those muscles. This lack of nerve stimulation keeps the muscle relaxed, smoothing the skin, and preventing new wrinkles from forming. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Frown Lines

The area you are referring to, the glabella, is very commonly treated with Botox, Xeomin or Dysport.  Purified Botulinum toxin can help to relax facial muscles by temporarily weakening muscles that cause lines and wrinkles; resulting in a smoother more relaxed appearance.  The effects will last about 3 months, but regular maintenance will help keep the area looking smooth.

Audrey Klenke, MD
Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Frown lines 18 year old

I would see how Botox works for you. It is never too early to start. You need to be aware of situation which cause you to furrow and try to avoid that tendency.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Forehead Wrinkles -- Botox, Lasers, Fillers, Needling

Forehead wrinkles need a combination of fillers, botox, lasers and microneedling for improvement. Best, Dr. Emer