What procedure should I get done to fix my acne scarring? (photos)

punch excision, CrossTCA or Medical Roll-CIT, smooth beam, etc.. I know that that most likely the scars won't be completely gone but what is the best solution. I used to have really bad cyst on both sides of cheek and and one side is worse than the other. I also still get acne on my face(including my cheeks) so would i still be able to get any of the above procedures done if i have active acne?

Doctor Answers 2

What to do about active acne and acne scars?

It is very important to control your existing acne before addressing the scars.  How sad to help the existing scars only to develop a new set! You seem to have a fair skin type which opens up many options for the treatment of your scars.  Once your acne is controlled it may require several different approaches over time to get the best results.  Please find a dermatologist that you can work with to control your acne and later design a plan for the improvement of your scars.

Sugar Land Dermatologic Surgeon
3.7 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

Acne and Acne Scars

Acne and the scarring can be corrected.  First you need to correct the acne breakouts and find the cause of the acne.  Once the acne is under control you can treat the scarring either with the Fraxel laser or eMatrix depending on your skin type.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with acne and lasers.

Michele S. Green, MD
New York Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 78 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.