My lip was stitched by a plastic surgeon several years ago. A hard tissue formed and is still there. Can you get rid of tissue?

Doctor Answers 5

Scar removal on the lips

I would suggest a combination of IIT followed by twice daily application of Plato's Scar Serum to the area. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Steroid injections vs excision.

I suggest resisting your plastics. This can be sorted with various procedures including surgical excision of the lump followed by aftercare (with or without lasers) or steroid injection to the area. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist
4.7 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

Lip Augmentation Scar -- Keloid -- 5fu, Steroids, Lasers, Surgical Repair

This needs to be evaluated in person. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 190 reviews

Scar revision of lip

It is difficult to tell without seeing your lip, but it is likely you have developed scar tissue at the site of your prior lip repair. This could be excised and/or injected with a steroid to help soften it. I have also seen retained foreign bodies after traumatic injuries. I would recommended seeing a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon for a consultation. Good luck!

Sachin S. Pawar, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Scar Tissue

Depending what the lip laceration was from it may be some scar tissue that has formed in the area.  If it was a trauma, I would make sure that there is no possible foreign body from the incident that remains in there.  Finally, there are a number of injections than can occur into the firm area to soften it up like steroids and fluorouracil.  I would contact a board certified facial plastic surgeon for a consult and evaluation.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 20 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.