I have gotten rid of my acne but it has left behind ugly dark and red scaring on my forehead. Any suggestions? (photo)

I have atleast 20 little and medium sized scars. How can i get rid of them as soon as possible? It really makes me insecure.

FRAXEL

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited. You should stay out of the sun 2-4 weeks.

Combination treatments

I think the red scars can be treated with V BEAM laser, and brown areas with the PICOSURE FOCUS or the older 1064 Q switch lasers. I would lean towards the Picosure (make sure its FOCUS 6mm) as it can remodel scars. 

Stay out of the sun, use sunscreen. Given time, these scars can fade. Creams such as HQ can fade and also reduce PIH or post inflammatory hyper pigmentation. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim 
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Options for red and dark acne scars on the face

We have excellent options for your acne scars including Melarase creams for pigmentation, followed by pulsed dye laser and light chemical peels. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne Scars and Best Treatment

The best treatment for your scars would be a combination of V-Beam for the redness and eMatrix for the acne scars.  It would take several treatments to improve the scars and redness and time to treat it.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD