How long does it take to stretch out your sleeve and can you recommend a good diet routine for me?

I have lost about 53 lbs and get discouraged because I can weigh myself one day and then be up four pounds the very next day. I fear that I'm going to stretch my pouch out all the time but I've never eaten till I was sick.

Ask your surgeon

Most, if not all bariatric surgery programs provide ongoing dietary support. Contact your surgeon and they should be able to hook you up with a nutritionist. This is not something you should have to do on your own.

Weight variability

Don't worry. You'll stretch your sleeve enough over time. Key is to continue to restrict your diet, do a caveman type diet, and exercise. You'll maintain your weight loss better over time if you do this.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN