Is there any way I can trim body fat down fast?

I'm in my teenage years and very concerned and upset with my weight (220 lbs). I really need help losing weight and fast it's a constant struggle in my life. I get judged everywhere, constantly at school and home. Please help, thank you.

Dieting Questions

Thank you for the inquiry!
Due to your age and the nature of your question, I would suggest speaking to your pediatrician or pediatric dietician in your area about initiating a lifestyle plan that works with you. I suggest following a balanced diet rich in vegetables, proteins, nuts, and healthy snacks. Also, you can look into increasing your physical activity to aid in your weight loss. Extracurricular activities such as joining a sports team could be a great option!

Best of luck

Losing weight

Your dilemma is not uncommon. Losing weight is not easy for most people who are overweight. A lot depends on you and your personality type, lifestyle, metabolism, and attitude. If you want to learn how to lose weight and keep it off for the rest of your life, you should do a program that encompasses all these aspects. Many people think they can do it alone, but that is just not the case most of the time. Three main aspects for losing weight are eating right, exercising adequately, and getting support regularly. A restricted diet is necessary, such as < 1000 cals/day. Limit carbs such as sweets, breads, pastas; make sure you eat enough protein, at least 50 gm/day; eat lots of vegetables and some low glycemic fruits; some nuts and oils, such as olive oil. Exercise regularly, every day if you can, with good vigorous activities. See a diet counselor or physician at least every other week; if you have a support person, use them. For further information on my plan, The True Diet, click on the link below.. I also utilize methods to change your metabolism, to make sure hormones are optimized, to lower inflammation, and much more. It’s not just calories in should be less than calories out. Good Luck.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN