Will Exercise Remove Cellulite?

Hi I am 18 years old, and for a while, I thought I was just fat. Because I had never really known what cellulite is. Anyway, I don't look like cottage cheese, I don't think. But, My stomach sticks out and I am not really fat. Maybe I can pinch and inch of fat, but I don't think that that is the problem area. So, have I got cellulite? It looks like a sticking-out cellulite tummy, but not cottage cheese. Will exercise cure this?

Cellfina/Cellulite Treatment/Ultherapy/Thermi RF/Body Contouring/ Hi Definition Procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.

It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy.     I recommend Cellfina in combination with Sculptra or renuva for optimal results.  You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.

Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.

It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser. 

If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years. 

Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure. 

It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or

Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz 

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Will Exercise Remove Cellulite

Cellulite is simply normal fat beneath the skin. It is caused by rubber-band-like connective tissues under the skin that compress the fat into dimples.  The fat appears bumpy because it pushes against connective tissue, causing the skin above it to pucker. 

Exercise, and, if needed,weight loss which are among healthy lifestyle practices, are helpful while attempting to prevent or eliminate #cellulite. Experts agree that the most the effective exercise routine for cellulite is one that incorporates #aerobic.
Other factors that influence cellulite and it's visibility include:
• Poor #diet
• Fad dieting
• Slow #metabolism
• Lack of physical #activity
• #Hormone changes
• #Dehydration
• Total body #fat
• Thickness and color of your #skin
However, having cellulite does not imply one is overweight. Thin people can also have it. If one is overweight,  perhaps, losing weight may reduce cellulite.
There are many #products and #treatments that promise to get rid of cellulite on #thighs and #buttocks. But there is little evidence that shows that many of them work well or for long. Clinical treatments offer the most #effective and longest lasting results.  We can now offer improvements that should last at least 2-3 years. I recommend three different #procedures: #ThermiSmooth, #VelaShape 3, and #Cellfina.

Cellfina is the ONLY Effective Cellulite Treatment That Works!

There is only one truly effective and proven lasting cellulite treatment out there, and that is CELLFINA. All of the other lotions, potions, creams, treatments, radio frequency devices, including Cellulaze, are at best, mediocre, and, in many cases, completely worthless. Cellulaze is a laser-based procedure that has a much higher complication rate, as well as a much lower patient satisfaction rate, so that answer is pretty clear. CELLFINA is the only cellulite treatment that has a proven track record of 96% patient satisfaction at 2 years post treatment. Nothing else is even remotely as effective as Cellfina. I have attached a link to my website, explaining how this remarkable system works. There are patient testimonials and schematics reviewing the details of this remarkable breakthrough treatment. Also, Cellfina is a single session procedure that is done under local anesthesia with little to no pain! Thank you for your excellent question.

Cellulite treatment

If you truly have cellulite, the cellulaze may be a good option for you. Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulite control with the Brazilian Cellulite Treatment

Cellulite is caused by a combination of fasciocutaneous bands and fatty deposits.  The Brazilian Cellulite Treatment + skin tightening can help the problem. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Cellulaze to remove cellulite

Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is always important. To rid yourself of cellulite completely try a procedure called Cellulaze. Cellulaze fights cellulite from under the skin while promoting thicker skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulite and Exercise

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo, you do not appear to suffer from cellulite. Cellulite appears as the "cottage cheese" look you referred to. Exercise will certainly be helpful with your stomach area. There are many non-invasive procedures available as well for this area, such as CoolSculpting and Vaser Hi-Def. Best of luck.

Cellulite tummy

For your age you are still growing, and with your picture it is diifcult to see any of the typical signs of cellulite.  I would not recommend liposuction at your age, and would recommend exercise first before any surgical correction.

If you do have cellulite, I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  It treats all anatomice causes of cellulite.  Other modalities only treat one or two fo the problems, so the relust is only temporary or suboptimal. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Abdominal contouring

based on your photo, I dont see any obvious signs of cellulite. Perhaps you are concerned with the appearance of your tummy. You may want to consider lipo of your tummy area.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Cellulite is not improved much by exercise. Try the new Cellulaze FDA approved laser treatment.

Cellulite can be permanently improved by a one-time FDA approved Cellulaze Laser treatment.  This treatment releases cellulite bands causing the skin to dimple, melts the fat that herniates in between the cellulite bands, and tightens the skin to give a smoother skin surface.  A carefully controlled FDA study was conduction to confirm the effectiveness of this treatment before Cellulaze was given FDA approval.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon