Are Dermal Fillers or Fat Transfer better at fixing minor depressed acne scars and holes? What are the long-term effects of both

Hi there, I had a question regarding my acne scars. I have minor depressed skin and holes in my face from past acne. I was wondering if you would recommend using dermal fillers to help fix this? Would this help improve the look of my skin? I was also wondering if fat transfer to the face is a better option, from what people tell me it is risky and unpredictable. I also wanted to know if the dermal fillers will make things worse in the long run? How long do they last? Thank you !!

Acne scarring

An In-person consultation is really required to answer this question.  Acne scars may come in several types: rolling, box-car, or ice-pick.  Different treatments are required for each type including microneedling, subscision, excision, resurfacing.  As of late, microneedling with or without radiofrequency has shown great results.

Best wishes

Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting the right combination for acne scarring with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

You're right, a combination approach is best for acne scarring. I recommend a combination of lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers. I recommend getting a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer