Bumps on Surface of Penis Head... Do I Have an STD? (photo)

I have had these bumps on my penis for years now. I am eighteen years old and have never had any kind of sexual experience with another partner. I do masturbate a lot but i doubt that is the problem. These bumps do not irritate me at all, and at times I feel as if they vary in size from day to day. My question is whether or not my condition is normal or if I have some kind of STI or pearly penile papules. I would really appreciate an answer with some possible ideas of what this condition could be.

Doctor Answers 3

Sure sounds like pearly penile papules...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

and they're harmless...don't think there's any reason to undergo any kind of treatment...certainly can't think of a good reason to spend any time, effort or money on these perfectly normal curiosities...not an issue...and they're not an STD and not caused by solitary sexual activities either

Las Vegas Dermatologist

Treatment for Pearly Penile Papules (PPP)

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have pearly penile papules.  The treatment of choice for these lesions in CO2 laser.  I have treated over 600 patients with this condition with no problems, and the treatment is painless and requires no injections.  Topical creams and "home remedies" do not work and can cause injury.  Be wary of false claims of these treatments on the internet.  I hope this helps.  Take care, Dr. Groff

William Groff, DO
San Diego Dermatologist
4.9 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Bumps on penis head - pearly penile papules

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is difficult to see the lesions in your picture. The most common lesions I see at the base/rim of the glans (tip of the penis) are pearly penile papules. These are benign growths that bother many guys cosmetically, and I have treated safely and successful hundreds of men with electrodesiccation. I also see genital warts in this location, so its important to have a dermatologist properly diagnose and treat you for lesions on the penis. Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.