Do You Know What These Bumps Are on my Genitals? (photo)

They have no symptoms like itching or hurting but I still want to know what they are. What are my options for treatment?

Doctor Answers 1

Fordyce Spots

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

These appear to be Fordyce spots. These are ectopic ( normal in every way, but in a place they usually are not found) sebaceous glands. They are harmless and at worst, are merely a cosmetic nuisance.  When they exist on the glans penis ( the head of the penis) they are called Tyson's glands. While technically they can be removed with a pulsed dye laser, photodynamic therapy or electro-dessication, there really is no real need to do so.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.