C section scar revision will this improve? (photos)

I had my scar revised 7 weeks ago . One side looks great but I'm worried about the other side . I now have a little fat roll here ?? Is it scar tissue swelling or is my scar tethered . Will this improve . I saw my surgeon at 4 weeks he said it was healing normally and said I had a lot of scar tissue and to see him again at 12 weeks ... I'd like to know if it is likely to improve on its own.

Plastic surgeon scar expert

Your scar will settle. I would suggest a combination of Plato's Scar Serum, PDL, fractional laser, topical therapy, and possibly surgical scar revision. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Scar Revision -- Results

I suggest waiting 6-12 weeks to determine what is best.  Radiofrequency treatments at this time can help as well as embrace scar therapy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

C section scar revision

Hi,Your scar is likely going to keep improving and from the photos, it doesn't look bad. In the interim, before you see your surgeon, begin gently massaging the scar.  This can be very helpful, but takes two to three months to see the results.

Good luck

Seth Kates, MD
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon

C-section scar

Yes!  It will continue to improve for months.  Even at 6-12 months patients find the scars will get flatter and softer with time.  If the scar starts to become raised and red, contact your doctor - but from these pictures I think you will have a really nice scar.

M. Renee Jespersen, MD
Arlington Plastic Surgeon