What is the best course of treatment to minimize acne scars? (Photo)

to minimize type of acne scars I have? I and 27 y/o and I suffer from adult acne. I have a mild case of cystic acne which has left scarring on my right & left cheeks. I've used Retin A, spironolactone, and doxycycline to treat my acne. I have flair ups every now and then due to hormones, but has now become manageable with proper care. I am very skeptical because I've heard about hyperpigmentation. I am Indian and this worries me because my acne scars are dark before they start to gradually fade.

What is the best course of treatment to minimize acne scars?

Fraxel® light resurfacing laser is considered the current gold standard treatment for pitted acne scars. 

Miami Dermatologist

Improving acne scars in Indian skin

I treat this with the Infini. It is safe for your skin type. Bellafill might be needed for the deeper rolling scars. Subcision, PRP are also helpful.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

EMatrix and scars

The best combination for you would be a combination of eMatrix and fillers.  With this combination you can treat all skin types and have beautiful natural results.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne scars

Hello and thank you for the photos. You are very smart to becareful with your skin since you do have some pigment in it and could very easily hyperpigment. You need to get the acne under contol before doing anything for the acne scars. Please do not do a laser or fraxel unless your skin is prepped for 2 moths before with bleachers to help calm the melonin. This is the problem when doing strong treatments on skin that can hyperpigment and is not prepared for it. You might want to look into Micro Needling because that can be done on all skin types but the acne needs to be controlled. Micro Needling is a procedure that minimizes scarring and signs of aging by stimulating the skin’s own rejuvenation process. The micro needling pen creates tiny punctures that prompt the immune system to boost blood flow, produce new skin cells, and remodel collagen and elastin. It’s a natural process that helps the body produce tighter, smoother-looking skin. SkinPen® from Bellus Medical represents the latest generation of devices. SkinPen® has popularized microneedling with men and women with busy personal schedules. The procedure is minimally-invasive, sessions are short, and it requires little downtime. I wish you luck!

Bruce K. Smith, MD