Best procedure for acne/scar revision? (photos)

I have very open pores from teenaged acne and old scars. Have recently had a flare up in my mid 20s and its cystic and leaving red scars from the inflammation. I am looking into fractional RF but what else could compliment this treatment for effective results? There is definitely hypothrophic scars as well but not as visible in this lighting.

Acne Scar Combination

These types of scars do best with a combination treatment. This includes: laser resurfacing, subcision, fillers, radiofrequency/sublative, microneedling/PRP. See an expert in acne scarring. Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne scarring treatments

The Infini is the way to go for this problem. Adding PRP, subcision will also be helpful. Bellafill can be used to fill depressed scars as well. Topicals such as Retin A and hydroquinone will help too. Dr Davin Lim is a good source in Australia to see.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Combine medical with device treatments for best outcomes

In cases such as yours, I often combine medical therapy (e.g. isotretinoin/antibiotics/pill) to help the active active and achieve clearance, and utilise energy based devices (e.g. laser and rf) to improve scar outcomes.  Fractionated RF is a good thought, may favorited are the Infini and endymed intensif, both of which I use in combination with Isotretinoin with good outcomes - seek an experienced specialist.  Best wishes, Shobhan.

Hidef Acne Scar Treatments in Los Angeles

I would start with a combination of subcision, ematrix RF, Yag laser, fractional resurfacing, and RF sublation. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Acne Treatment Solutions

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulty with your skin. Living with acne scarring is not something you have to put up with thanks to the advancement of aesthetic lasers that are equipped to treat a wide variety of skin conditions. 

There are many options to treat acne scarring, so to achieve the best results for your specific case, consult an experienced specialist with a reputable practice. Lasers are a great way to resurface the skin and reduce scars, particularly the Erbium and CO2 lasers. The Erbium laser is a state-of-the-art laser that resurfaces the skin and reduce scars in under an hour. The results are almost instant, and only about 3-4 days of downtime are required. Another option is the CO2 laser. The CO2 laser penetrates the skin deeper than the Erbium; therefore, the results are a little better, but you would need about 7-10 days of downtime. Also, because this laser is more invasive, you do not need multiple treatments like the Erbium. 

At our clinic we often recommend a series of AFT (Advanced Fluorescence Technology) laser treatments for acne scarring as a starting point, it all depends on the patients current skin condition. AFT is an Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) laser technology targets the surface of the skin where prior acne has made the surface uneven and improves the texture, tone, and appearance of skin with minimal downtime.

I would highly recommend a high quality medical grade skin care routine that contains ingredients that have been developed to treat acne on the face.

Watch the attached link for more info.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon