Procedure that treat fine lines/wrinkles, enlarged pores, mild acne scarring, and mildly uneven pigmentation all at once?(photo)

I'm a 36 year old female (smoker), and I have fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes and mouth. Some mild scarring from acne. Enlarged pores on my nose, cheeks, and chin, and uneven pigmentation. I don't want to spend my life under going multiple procedures to try to correct and improve them. Is there an option available that would treat most if not all of these issues at once?

The Infini can treat all those conditions except pigmentation

The Infini can treat all the conditions you have stated except pigmentation. A laser can be used at the same time and treat the pigmentation. Alternatively, laser resurfacing with an Erbium or CO2 laser might get you to where you want to be. Infini is not widely available so if you want that, you must search for it. Also, Infini is usually 3 treatments. The ablative lasers can do most things in one treatment.

Find an Experienced Provider!

Thanks for your question.  You are trying to solve many problems at once.  The most important thing you can do today to prevent further premature aging is to stop smoking.  Next, you should find an experienced physician in your area that has multiple platforms.

After a personal consultation, we would probably offer you three different laser treatment platforms based on your concerns:  1. IPL + 1540 Fractional Resurfacing, 2. PicoSure FOCUS or 3. Fractional CO2 Resurfacing.  All of these options would probably be paired with lifestyle changes, a skin care regimen and probably some BOTOX & filler.

Best of Luck!

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

No One Treatment Does It All

The most important thing to understand is that there is no such thing as one treatment that does it all, so not all of these concerns can be addressed simultaneously. That being said, based on your concerns, I think you could really benefit from Sublative Rejuvenation. Sublative is a deeper treatment that fights fine lines and wrinkles, eradicates acne scars, and improves overall texture. Sublative rejuvenation harnesses the power of energy currents to penetrate the skin and stimulate collagen production (while keeping the outer layer of skin intact). Depending on the selected course of treatment, downtime can vary from two to five days—which can be customized to fit your schedule and your needs. After improving the scarring and fine lines I think you would be much happier with your appearance at which time you could assess your want for other potential procedures to address the additional concerns you mentioned. You also mention not wanting to spend your life going under multiple procedures, but I can tell you that the concerns you mention can certainly be drastically improved with a few non-invasive procedures that involve little to no downtime.

Dennis Gross, MD

Single treatment facial rejuvenation?

Thanks for your photos and questions. Successful treatments for acne scarring and facial rejuvenation are usually done in a series and are maintained going forward. Initially, I would recommend that you consider stopping smoking-this will improve your skin greatly. A series of non-ablative laser resurfacing procedures will improve your skin tone and texture and the appearance of your pores. A series of micro needling wth radio frequency (Endymed Intensif) would do the same and likely result in some skin tightening. Both of these procedures would improve acne scarring. Treatment with Retin A would also be a nice thing to do for you--this would improve your fine lines and can be done nightly at home. I suggest you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to discuss your best and safest options as well as your expectations. I hope this helps!

Improving skin condition

Most of the concerns you list are "surface/textural issues. Consider doing a medium depth chemical peel, followed by a series of medical microneedling with platelet rich plasma ( the so called Vampire Facial) in conjunction with medical grade skin care- for example ZO Medical aggressive anti aging protocol. 

Lisa Vuich, MD

Lisa Vuich, MD
Nashua Physician

One stop shopping?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I would recommend starting with a long-acting dermal filler like Voluma into your cheeks to help improve upon your lower eyelid, jowling, and smile line regions.  A thinner filler, such as Volbella can then be used for the smaller, finer lines around the eyes and mouth.  Hope this helps.