How to treat white indented scar? (Photo)

i had an scar revision followed by laser for about an year ..dctr now wants to inject collagen..i dont know whther it is temporary or not.now the scar looks like this.the laser has improved the indented mark but left with white patches underneath which is not blendable and visible.What can now be done to cure this pigmentation?try for diff laser or continue laser treatment??pls suggest

ReCell and filler

This is going to be difficult. For scars there are two things we aim to correct- firstly the indentation. This is relatively simple with subcision and filler. As for colour, there is a procedure called ReCell that can help. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

For Surface Tone & Texture Problems, Think Microneedling

I am sorry that you are having this difficulty. Permanent pigment loss, especially in people of color, is not uncommon when lasers are used to treat problems. So, this part of your story is hardly surprising. Medical microneedling, a relatively inexpensive approach, has long been in my opinion an effective and safer alternative. Combined with the application of tyrosine or bimatoprost, repigmentation is possible. Subcision Lifting would be a reasonable, quick and easy method for elevating the indented portion of the scar, supplemented by a lifting filler for both its lifting and biostimulatory properties (i.e. for stimulating new, native collagen and elastic fiber synthesis). Restylane Lyft would be my choice of filler for this purpose in my Upper East Side Manhattan office and Hyaluronica 2 my choice in my Israel satellite facility, where a far greater number of regulatory agency approved fillers are available. And finally,  vis-a-vis lasers, I would suggest forgetting the powerful marketing hype that makes lasers, particularly fraxels, come to mind for treating just about everything these days.  In a recent lecture entitled, “Will Microneedling Replace Lasers?” at the 2016 American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (ASDS) annual meeting in New Orleans. a leading laser expert herself reported that "microneedling is already replacing fractionated lasers..." for use in treating " various scars (from acne, trauma, surgery)." For more information on any of these techniques, I suggest you check out the archives of RealSelf.com. Good luck to you.

Nelson Lee Novick, MD

Scar Solutions with lasers, microneedling/prp and fillers

A combination approach would be best and it may take a series of treatments for improvement. I recommend lasers, microneedling/prp, subcision and fillers to improve the appearance of this scar. See an expert in facial scarring. Best, Dr. Emer