Have this keloid in my chest; it hurts really bad. What can do for the pain? (Photo)

Doctor Answers 3

Keloids/Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgical removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Lasers, injections and surgery with radiation are the best treatments for this. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 207 reviews

Keloid scars on chest

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
These types of keloids are difficult to treat.  The usual starting treatment would be intralesional injections of Kenalog.  This usually needs to be repeated more than once but will help to flatten the keloids and should also help to reduce the discomfort.  Please see an experienced dermatologist.
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Hidef Scar Protocol for keloids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would begin with our Hidef Scar Protocol that includes IIT, lasers, topical therapy, and possibly surgery to modulate the growth of your keloids. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.