If you have TMJ and an overbite, do braces help your jaw not pop ?

TMJ

TMJ which is commonly referred to as TMD is a variety disorders related to the jaw. When there is alignment problems of the teeth and they don't fit well together, it can exaggerate the TMJ. At times by aligning the teeth in correct occlusion can contribute to more balance of the muscles of the jaw which in turn contribute to the opening and closing of the joint. Its important to be screened properly to determine the cause of the popping, and if orthodontics can help stabilize it. We routinely use neuromuscular approach to the treatment of our patients in my office.All the best,

Los Angeles Dentist