I have had - to say a few is an understatement - spots on my nose which have left scars on my nose.

Visible under light is laser treatment the only way to get rid of these scars.

Spot on nose

It is hard to say what treatment is needed without seeing the problem. Spots can be pigment only which is treated with topicals, peels and lasers. Scars need to be treated with dermapen, lasers, or Infini. 

Scars on Nose

The best treatment for acne scars is a combination of fillers and lasers.  A combination of fillers with Bellafill, Restylane or Juvederm and lasers such as eMatrix or Fraxel.  Please consult an expert with scars for the best treatment.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scarring Treatment

HI, we have found success with combining BellaFill Injections along with a dermapen/laser or Vivace procedure for treating acne scars. This is the best combination to fill in and smooth out the scarring. Good luck! 

Laser is Part of the Scar Treatment Equation

I suggest seeing an expert for a formal consultation. Usually a combination of treatments is needed: lasers, subcision, microneedling/PRP, fillers. See an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar treatments

Thank you for your question. I cannot diagnose or suggest treatment options without photos or evaluating you in person. Treatment options vary depending on the type of scars you have such as hyperpigmentation (discoloration of the skin), or atrophic scars (rolling, boxcar, icepick scars). Different laser treatments address different skin problems. Some lasers are meant to treat discoloration of the skin, and other laser treatments cause microscopic wounds into the skin to treat atrophic scarring. The right treatment for you depends on the type of scarsyou have, your skin type, expectations, patience, downtime, and cost. I highly recommend you consult with a board certified dermatologist to discuss treatment options that best suit your needs.

Reuel Aspacio, MD, FAAD