What is the best way to thank surgeon? Gift card OK? Best amount? Alcohol OK? Leave business card with thank you note OK?

Saying thanks

All of your suggestions are great and would be appreciated but the best way is to refer your friends and family and rave about the surgeon on the internet. Dr. Corbin

Thank you to surgeon

A thank you in person is nice, but referrals are a great way to help your doctor expand his practice.  A doctor advocate is a great thank you.

Thanking your surgeon

It's nice of you to ask! As a plastic surgeon I truly appreciate any form of thank you, everyone loves positive reinforcement and to feel appreciated. Spreading the word, leaving feedback and reviews are great ways. You can always call the office manager to see if a certain type of gift is appropriate or for ideas.

Thanking a Plastic Surgeon

Other than your happiness, the biggest complement a plastic surgeon can receive is your trust in referring your friends, family and if you have the time to write a review on the web. Let him/her know how the surgery improved your life.

Treating the staff to lunch is perhaps the best way to show your gratitude to the practice. Although the doctor performed the surgery, your whole experience was with the entire staff. Find a day that your doctor is in the office seeing patients and schedule it then.

Thank you

The consistency of answers tells the story.  Sometimes, a patient wants to do something extra special.  An inexpensive lunch at the office for the staff is nice since they are often under appreciated.  I also direct patients to one of my supported charities like MS, ADA, American heart, Cancer society etc.

Dr. Eberbach

Mark Eberbach, MD

Best way to thank your surgeon

Thank you for bringing this important question up in this forum.   The best way to thank your plastic surgeon is to post an honest review on this site.   All board certified plastic surgeons work very hard to take care of their patients and the best thank you is a happy patient.  This makes our day and gives us more energy.   

Hmmmm great!

I have been gifted in many ways (thanks to God), but I also agree to be the best greeting, your recommendation, also via internet in your surgeon website or Fb. 

Thanking your surgeon

I agree with Dr. Corbin- the best thank you is spreading the name through word of mouth and internet reviews.  A hand written note is always nice too.

How to say thank you

All of these are great options. Nothing makes me more happy than to get referrals from my happy patients and to get nice reviews online from my happy patients. Good luck to you!!

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon