How can I get rid of the wrinkles on my knees? (Photo)

I am 5'4'' and 113 pounds. I am fit and almost 40 years old. My plastic surgeon says there is nothing he can do for it. There is no fat to liposuction out and anything else would leave a large scar. Any suggestions? I am looking for a permanent solution but am open to temporary.

Doctor Answers 4

Knee Wrinkles

Ulthera and VShape are both used in this area to tighten skin.  Your best bet would be to have a consult with a cosmetic surgeon who offers many different types of treatments so that you can choose what suits your needs the best.  Good luck.

New Orleans General Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 15 reviews

Knee Wrinkles

Unfortunately, without surgery and the scars, any other option will be temporary.  You can achieve good results with heat based treatments, like radio frequency, that require maintenance.  There is also physician quality skin tightening creams that can help supplement in office treatments.

Ethan Philpott, MD
Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Wrinkles on Body -- Thermage/Ultherapy, Venus Legacy/Velashape, ThermiRF, Fraxel, Microneedling/PRP

I suggest you see an expert you can get wrinkle improvement with skin tightening procedures and lasers/microneedling. We often use thermiRF with thermage and sculptra for improvement.  Best, Dr. Emer

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Wrinkles around knees...

Thank you for your question.  There are many different treatment options for wrinkles above you knees depending on exactly what you are looking to accomplish.  The simplest options would be Ulthera, Thermi or the new thread lift procedures like Nova Threads.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.