Is surgery the only option I really have to change the wrinkles under my eyes? (Photo)

I had Venus Freeze done on my face 2 years ago & thought it helped but not so much directly under my eyes. Now I feel like I have aged a lot in just 2 years & need to have something done. What options do I have? I prefer little down time. I am in my late 30's And wrinkles run in the family. I started back getting Botox again and it has improved some areas but not the area under my eye. I go to a plastic surgeon's office but the nurse does my injections. I'm fine with criticism, truth please.

Wrinkles under Eyes

The eyelid skin is the thinnest on the body and therefore ages first. Chemical peels, lasering, and collagen induction treatment with PRP can all help to soften the wrinkles. Fillers will not help the wrinkles, but will soften the hollowness that is under the eye.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Under eye wrinkles

These can be improved with dermal fillers. In addition, RF, like Infini can help. There is vilume loss, so that needs to be replaced before considering surgery. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Under Eye Rejuvenation with fillers, lasers, microneedling/prp, Botox

Fillers, lasers, and microneedling/PRP can improve under eye wrinkles. My patients try to get non surgical treatments to avoid surgery. We use PRP and stem cells there often. Botox/Dysport/Xeomin really help in combination. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Wrinkles under the eyes

Frequently for wrinkling under the eyes, surgery is not a great option and Botox, as you have found, helps very little for the fine wrinkling that some people have at rest.  Two options are a tightening procedure, such as Thermage, which can be helpful but is relatively expensive and difficult to predict how effective.  Laser resurfacing can be very effective, but it does have significant recovery time.  In terms of resurfacing, I have not found fractional resurfacing (eg. Fraxel) to be as effective as full resurfacing.  Good luck.

Seth Kates, MD
Worcester Dermatologic Surgeon