I'm trying to get reviews on the DermaFrac procedure for acne scars.

I'm trying to decide if DermaFrac is the way to treat acne scars or should I go with dermafil. I like the idea of no downtime.

Acne scars

Micro Needling is a procedure that minimizes scarring and signs of aging by stimulating the skin’s own rejuvenation process. The micro needling pen creates tiny punctures that prompt the immune system to boost blood flow, produce new skin cells, and remodel collagen and elastin. It’s a natural process that helps the body produce tighter, smoother-looking skin. SkinPen® from Bellus Medical represents the latest generation of devices. SkinPen® has popularized microneedling with men and women with busy personal schedules. The procedure is minimally-invasive, sessions are short, and it requires little downtime. I wish you luck!

Go with a combination approach for acne scarring with lasers, microneedling/prp, fillers

For best results, you'll want to use a combination of treatments. There are many great treatments that can be used such as fractional lasers, microneedling/PRP, fillers, and vbeam/pulsed dye laser to improve texture, tone and appearance. I recommend a formal consultation with an acne scarring expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

No downtime procedure for acne scars - too good to be true

If there is no downtime to an acne scar procedure, there will be no results. Acne scars require aggressive treatment. I like the Infini for acne scars and it is becoming the consensus best device for them. It has a couple days of downtime in most cases. Often it needs to be combined with subcision, Bellafill, TCA Cross.

Steven F. Weiner, MD