I recently got my industrial piercing about a month ago. I'm not sure if these are keloids or hypertrophic scars. (photos)

I have a bump on both the inside holes and both outside holes (4 in total). I'm not sure whether they're keloids or hypertrophic scars. Please help me identify and suggest how to heal them. I really love my piercing so please let me know any possible solutions to where I wont have to take it out.

Doctor Answers 2

Keloid therapy for a piercing

Our office specializes in keloids. I would suggest removing the keloids, an injection, and Plato's Scar Serum twice daily. Best, Dr. KaramanoukianLos Angeles

Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 94 reviews

Keloids/Scar -- Fraxel, 5fu/steroids, pulsed dye/vbeam/yellow laser, microneedling/PRP, surgical removal

I suggest seeing an expert, these are keloids that would need injection or laser treatment.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.